Monday, October 1, 2012

NO MORE



**Bye, Baby**


No more lonely, cold nights or hearing that I'm bad.

No more growling belly from the meals I never had.

No more scorching sunshine with a water bowl that's dry. 

No more complaining neighbors about the noise when I cry.

No more hearing "shut up," "get down," or "get out of here"! 

No more feeling disliked, only peace is in the air. 

Euthanasia is a blessing, though some still can't see

Why I was ever born if I weren't meant to be.

My last day of living was the best I ever had.

Someone held me very close, I could see she was very sad.

I kissed the lady's face, and she hugged me as she cried.

I wagged my tail to thank her, then I closed my eyes and died.



Written by an animal shelter volunteer in Massena, NY







This poem was posted from Shannon Marie's ALL DOGS GO TO HEAVEN Facebook album of pound dogs that have been put down, and reposted from my friend chowchowgrl's blog at: http://pikaiagrl.blogspot.com/2012/10/no-more.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogspot%2FYSOBs+%28Woof%29

Please educate yourself before deciding to adopt an animal just because you think he or she looks cute; different breeds have different needs. 

Please spay/neuter your pets so the pounds won't fill up with discarded dogs and cats. 

Please check out NO KILL alternatives in your state: http://www.nokilladvocacycenter.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment