Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Money, Naked Neck, Shar-Pei, Jimmy Dorsey

So if things *happened* and then you found out you probably had a check coming to you for over $17,000, what would you do? 

Count the number of digits. That's five digits. 

I can tell you a couple of laws of money that I learned the hard way. The first is that you are wildly rich temporarily, and then it turns itself inside out and is fucking GONE really fast, right when you get used to having it. You have to be careful. But first you have to get used to the feeling of cool air blowing around your neck, as opposed to the hard, rough wood of the chopping block upon which your neck has rested for so long. 

So what would you do? I invite you to comment below what you would do if you got $17,000. 

I was dizzy at first, like, "WTF?" But now I'm thinking I can get the car fixed, get health insurance, replace my broken camera, get the dog his shots. Then what? I can actually pay my rent in advance for a year! 
I could. 


I want another dog, a girl. There is a crabby Shar-Pei/Beagle mix (known as a "Sharp Eagle") red girl at a local no-kill rescue sanctuary. Her name is Tangerine. I've wanted her for around a year. She came from a puppy mill and is not very sociable or socialized, so she is not very adoptable by other people's standards, but I don't care about that. If she won't attack my other little pets, she's welcome here. She can have all the emotional space she wants. The way to a dog's heart is food and walks. My other dog is a rescue also, submissive, grateful, peaceful, appreciative, and I think they would get along fine.

All that money, and what I would really like for myself is 
that bitchy little dog.  

Well, tomorrow, folks, I'll let you know if I got the money. Then I'll let you know if my landlord acquiesces to my taking home Tangerine if I pay a year's rent in advance. Then I'll let you know if the sanctuary will let her go if I donate a few hundred dollars. Then I'll let you know how she fits in with the other creatures in this house. 

I will sing to her:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdistoUW4CQ







2 comments:

  1. Tangerine, and it's your dream! Hopefully one that comes true! $17,000 ? I'd donate to the local animal carers and to ALIA, the Afghan Women's charity that does excellent work distributing to widows, widowers and children. Schools for girls etc.. I'd definitely get mt teeth fixed and spring for another Hoopdance retreat! Anything left over would go into Lily's bank account for further education, moving out of home costs, (Whaaaa! Nooooo!), when she is older. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's wonderful that you care for others to mention giving to them first before youreself. Some of the money would have to go toward our having herbal tea together on a dewy morning hillside somewhere in the world.

    ReplyDelete